Okay, so I like to try new recipes, but this one is top of the list for one of the worst. Trevor described it as 'Tar Pork', and the recipe titled it 'Balsamic Sweet and Sour Pork'. It was done in the slow cooker and consisted of balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, soy sauce, etc. So basically a lot of brown ingredients. Who knew that when we came home from work this would be waiting for us:

Mmmmmm?
BLEGH. It was so DRY that I could flake the pork into furry-like bits. And the taste was just odd. Not to mention the colour...on the plate it looked black ('Like something that had fallen through the barbeque grill and sat with the coals and cooked for three years' were Trevor's words).
Make again meter:
Kerry: NEVER. EVER.
Trevor: Still recovering.
2 comments:
Weird!! Strange that a slow cooker pork was dry, non?!? Oh well.. makes for an entertaining blog entry!
What a crazy recipe! It looks like tar...I am baffled that it is dry too...better luck with a new recipe lol!!
Post a Comment