Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Busy bees

This weekend was all work and not too much fun (but there was a little). On Saturday we had a lot of zip and tackled the basement and the backyard (no dinner at Mike and Cynthia's due to a plague hitting their fam, boo!). I initially woke up at 5am and thought about getting up and getting a jump on things, then came to my senses a few minutes later and went back to sleep. I got up around 7:30 and was at the big 30% sale at Cedar Rim nursery by 8:30. That place is HUGE, and a lot of fun to walk around in (more like hike the place is so big). Picked up a nice big lavender plant, some tall flowery blue thing and some african daisies (so cool!). I did some more errands and was back home with lunch by 11am. The rest of the day was spent tidying up and organizing the basement crap. *whew* lots of work there. I'm proud to say that we actually accomplished a few things though -- the backyard is SO close to being finished, so I've decided to post the photos and high five myself *whoa-psht!*.

Before:After:Before: After:

I was also loving my lilies this weekend as well, they're huge!A little dianthus (aren't I fancy knowing the name of this!? LOL!)And a deformed strawberry. Not sure why it's all gremlin-like:

2 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Guys, you seriously deserve a pat on the back for that patio. It is awesome! And, once the basement/moulding/painting, etc is done, I think you deserve some drinkie-poos.

Kerry said...

YES! I am totally seeing drinkie-poos in my future. Extra cherries and teenie umbrellas please.