Monday, July 16, 2007

Good intentions

So the weekend didn't go exactly to plan. I think we kind of forgot that framing has a few stages...and one of them happens to be a little more, what's the word...exact? When the top and bottom plates are being put up you can't really rush it (unless you want wonky walls). So that took a little longer than expected. But, the front half of the basement is done and the hallway and bathroom are starting to come to life now. This is the view from the office-to-be. Why look, there's a storage room!

I've also started to map out how the office will function, and playing around with furniture placement and layouts. Not the easiest thing because I'm trying to take all of the existing furniture that was purchased for an entirely different space and try to modify it for the basement. I'm going to put that all into Illustrator today and play around with it a bit.

What else...we had a lovely dinner and play around at Cynthia and Mike's place on Saturday evening...BBQ chicken, fresh from the garden lettuce and carrots (mmmmm!), tasty! It was a nice break from the basement dungeon we're used to.

I spent a little bit of time in the garden watering and doing maintenance. I'd really like to get out there with the pruners sometime during the week. Some plants are just going a bit to crazy, time to tame! I even managed to put up some neat mini-lights with little lantern things around them under the patio umbrella. Too bad I didn't find an extension cord to light them up with (so they're just for show).

And I took a moment to bug Lulu with the camera. Cute, non? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garden looks beautiful dude! Wanna come to Stroud and hack at some bushes? And I'm not talking about mine!

Kerry said...

Dude! You have more than one?

Your garden isn't that out of control...I thought it was grass and some trees and a blueberry bush. Or maybe I am wrong...

Anonymous said...

You're right, it's a perfect little square garden. We now have Saskatoon berries that Mom found at Walmart! Jon is eagerly waiting for berries, might be a few years yet since they are teeny tiny.

Kerry said...

Saskatoon berries??? I suppose you can take the boy out of Saskatchewan but not the Saskatchewan out of the boy...LOL!

So should we be expecting saskatoon berry pie in the next few years?