Wednesday, July 4, 2007

RaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!


Yes, it is me, WWF champion and studly champion, or champion of moving studs! We had our homo delepot delivery come yesterday (of course, AM when we asked for PM, and 15 minutes to arrive instead of the 40 we were told). We had 210 studs delivered, 18 bags of R-12 insulation, 3 rollsof vapour barrier and a bathtub. Since I ran home from work (literally, I was driving up the street and saw the guy starting to move our stuff off the truck with a forklift, gunned it up the alley, parked on the street in front of the house and SPRINTED through the yard to beat the guy to the back - a la Ferris Bueler I might add), I figured I might as well stay and unload the delivery into the basement.

Which was just as much work as it looked. Moving 220 studs is not easy, especially by yourself. But I thought of this as a challenge, something along the lines of a character-building exercise (like folding 1000 paper cranes), a test of mental and physical agility if you will. Well, it was just WORK. Hot, sweaty, long (that's what she said - AHAHAHAHA!) work.

But I did it. I totally did it. Me and the studs rocked the house.Trevor did the insulation moving later on that evening. He got the easy part.

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

LOL!!! LOVE the picture. Trés fab Photoshopping, there.

cathy said...

Oh, I wish I had the fancy tools like you designers you!!

You are so strong!! WOWEE!

Great job!

Kerry said...

*clap clap clap*

Thank you!
I feel like I've taken my arms to the gun show. LOL

Now to install all of this. And learn how to use tools. I will be a renaissance woman yet!