Monday, August 20, 2007

First day in the new "office"

I am now officially working from the kitchen table, which I suppose is a bit of an improvement for a few reasons: 1) I've cleared off the table, so there's room on it -- no more crap!; 2) I have a view of the garden, flowers, etc. instead of a parking lot and stinky cars; 3) I have a fridge that works here; 4) It's CLEAN. No more fine layers of black dust settling on things.

One thing that is a bit of a pain is the fact that the kitchen table is round, so my arms hurt a bit after working all day today. Not exactly ergonomic! I have a lot of things in boxes and a printer that I need to hook up some how, so we'll see how that all goes.

We did have two inspections happen today - framing and plumbing. Both APPROVED! So on to the horrible task of putting up insulation. I can feel my face getting itchy already. And the Telus guy was here and hooked up the office line. Haven't figured out how that all works yet, but it's just another thing on the list to do.

3 comments:

cathy said...

Wow! You guys are sure moving ahead! And doing great! All of this hard work will pay off!! Think "the finish line."

Hang in there! It is not easy to live through renos!

Mrs. Merriman said...

Yes! The finish line! Walls, PAINT and flooring!! EEks!

Kerry said...

Can't. Wait.

Just wait until I am there...dramatic before and after photos!!!