Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Inspection season is here

We had our first inspection yesterday, for framing. It was fairly uneventful, the guy showed up at 11am and spent around 4 minutes in the basement. Everything is good except for the vapour barrier that we had put up behind the framed walls. For some reason it doesn't need to be there...the concrete needs to 'breathe'. So we were told to remove it. Hmmmm...says I. What stops the mold from growing on the insulation then? We had a hard time wrapping our heads around that one, but if they say it has to go, well then it's going to go. (But we'll hold them to it in case someone changes their mind...or mold starts to grow in a year...)

The plastic was all removed last night, in about half an hour. A lot easier to take down than put up, isn't that always the case? We're not ticked off about having to take it out (even though it's a waste of money) -- if it gets us the signature on the dotted line we're happy!

Up next is the electrical inspection tomorrow (and the 2nd framing inspection). I hope these guys come early in the day, I have so much going on at work at the moment it's a little hairy. Here I am trying to move, work on ongoing projects, taking on new ones, schmoozing a new client (with a meeting downtown on Thursday to boot) -- all while everything at home is a disaster.

Busy? Neverrr....

No comments: