It's always nice to wake up to a sunny day. And especially nice when you haven't had much of a summer and been in the bowels (lol) of your house, slogging away. I got up and let the drywallers in at 8am (wow...punctual) and saw that everything looked like it needed a drink outside. So out I went, in the nice warm morning sun to water the plants (dodging the army of garbage bags and scrap wood in the backyard). And I took a minute to just take it all in. Ahhhhhhhhhh. It felt good.
After about half an hour I was back inside and getting to work, but I stepped out around 11am to do some errands and grab some lunch. Ever since then it's been a quiet and calm day. Well, quiet because Trevor's done some funny wiring with the phone line and I didn't realize that the phone was dead for half of the day. Okay, here's where I insert Trevor defending himself:
Me (calling from my cell): 'The phone line is dead! I didn't realize it until lunchtime!'
Trevor: 'Whoops! I was wondering why I couldn't get through. I'll have to fix that.'
Me: 'Ummm, yeah. I have no phone here!'
Trevor: (laughing) 'Sorry Ker, we'll go down to Home Depot and pick up that new panel* tonight.'
Me: (sigh) 'Okay.'
*Now here's where it all gets interesting and complex. The 'man panel' is, according to Trevor, too smart for the wiring in our house. We need a dumber panel. One that doesn't take multiple lines or something.
So we're off to Home Depot again tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment