Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh electrical...

Good news for us! As of 15 minutes ago our electrical inspection is done and over! APPROVED!!!!!

This is a step in the right direction for sure. It's our first thumbs up from an inspector, which means we've only got a framing inspection, plumbing and insulation inspections to go until we can get the drywall in! All of those inspections are going to take place on Monday, which is my first official day of working at home (if you can call it a house right now, more like storage locker), and the very first day for the new name of the company to kick in.

Here's the new logo!

I spent almost a year dabbling here and there trying to figure out where to go and what to do with this logo. It started as something very different from what it is now. Isn't it always the case that you're the pickiest and most critical when it comes to your own things? I finally knew that this logo was the one when I designed it on a Thursday and slept on it over the weekend and came back and still liked it. So far, so good!

Things continue to be very busy around here. Trevor and I did a large vinyl decal installation yesterday (well, maybe more Trevor than me, he's pretty good at the more 'delicate' parts of installing) on the back of a compressor on wheels. Kind of like a box on a trailer. But it was hot out and the sun would hit us right in the eyes while we were trying to get this thing finished. But we did it, and glad that it's over. Now to invoice that puppy out! LOL Today I'm out downtown for an 11am meeting with a potential new client (amazing how things like that come around at a time like this!). Hopefully things will go well, but it will sure make for a busy start to the fall.

And it's more moving as usual. I'd like to have everything out of here by the end of day tomorrow, but we'll see about that. I also have the weekend if needed. The challenge is figuring out where to PUT everything that I take home. But we're moving the air hockey table out of the basement (via popping the window out) and getting rid of our (crappy) dining room set to make way for my desk to be there.

2 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

YAY!!! Happy dance happy dance! Mike will be happy that all is GOOD with the electrical!

And you know I love your logo :D

cathy said...

That has got to feel good!

And, I love your logo! Great job! You and Mrs. M are so very talented...xo