Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Merry Thumbsgiving!

First, a weekend review, and then on to the thumb photo op (beware those who are easily creeped out). The long weekend was good, Trevor got tons of flooring done and I believe we're about 2 feet away from finishing the main floor area (stairs may be a bit longer). It's starting to look livable down there now, and I'm starting to get excited about the 'decor' part of it all. I've had some new thoughts on the furniture I want in my office and I'm scouring ebay for some good buys. It's almost like a sport! I think once the moulding gets put in and the low voltage stuff is finished I'll be moving my office down there. For now it's still kitchen table central.

We also did some cleaning up around here this weekend, for our sanity and to make room for the tv delivery that comes today. There was also a Home Depot trip as well, for some gloves, which ended up turning into gloves, low voltage supplies, winter pansies (necessity!), a window washing kit (which is more of a necessity...even when the sun shines in here it's like it's overcast outside), bone meal (planting bulbs!) and winter fertilizer. Home Depot is a dangerous place.

And now for the thumb update (cue that music that Kermit the Frog has when he's reporting on Sesame Street!):
Here's the day 17 picture - scroll down!

































I'm getting tired of the giant thumb bandage, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm supposed to replace it with. I can't find a band-aid big enough, and if I just do some tape and a pad it will catch on things and fall off. I need something that won't get it dirty, and will have enough padding that if I smack into something it won't catch, rip off or hurt. Hmmm, dilemma. So until I figure it out, the giant tampon stays. But it's starting to look better. Still creepy, but it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as it used to. Update over!!!

1 comment:

cathy said...

That looks a whole lot better!

And, wow! Great job on the basement! Sounds like everything is moving along!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you both!