Thursday, October 11, 2007

TV moving and other confrontations

Well, we moved and mounted the giganto tv to the wall a night ago. What a big job. (And for only two people.) Me with my nine fingers and Trevor with his 'moving theories' (ie. "lift it like this!", "turn at this point", "easyyyyy, easyyyyyy"). It was an awkward thing to lift and take down two flights of stairs between two people with a 6" (or more) height difference, which translates into arm and finger length differences. Which means that I like to do things my way (or the 'shortie' way) and Trevor likes to do things his way ('bossy-tallie' way). Wait...did I put 'bossy' in there...whoops!

In most moving situations we know that we move things together horribly. He gives me instructions that I interpret differently than what he means. This either results in a tiff between the two of us, or most times, hysterical and uncontrollable laughing. One move comes to mind with the latter, when we moved a loveseat upstairs and had to lift it high enough to clear the hand rail and half wall. Throw in uncontrollable laughing and an 80lb couch on two arms above your head and you have a long move ahead of you.

With the mega TV, there was the added pressure of this thing being expensive, and if we dropped it, it would be very, very bad. So with that in mind, Trevor went into über moving commander, and me into noble hero soldier mode (of course, this is MY blog and I can make this story whatever I want, ha ha!). But, I'm not the best at taking orders most of the time, so I felt like I was being bossed around, and that my concerns (ie. short arms, short fingers, thumb out of comission) we not being addressed. I was trying to do things that worked for me, but didn't work for him. You can see the dilemma.

But after much huffing and puffing the TV made it downstairs and on the wall. And at the end of it we made peace by watching 30 minutes of a movie and oooo-ing and ahhh-ing at the tv. Although, I still have fears of hearing the mega TV snap off it's wall mount and crash to the floor. For some reason I can't believe that a metal bracket it holding that thing up.

2 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Can't wait to see the basement! But we know Mike is more excited to see le tv.

cathy said...

Wow, I am tired and worn out just by reading your ordeal!

I am glad it worked out, and the TV is up!

Are you allowed to have a girl night in the Basement? Because, I think you deserve it!!

A chick flick on the big screen!