Sunday, January 13, 2008

There's someone new in the world!


I found out this morning that we are now, officially, an Auntie and Uncle!

Little baby Lucas Jonathan was born yesterday evening, a couple of months earlier than expected, but we think it's because he has things to do and just couldn't wait to see everyone! The new mom and dad are doing well, mom is tired and dad is 'protective'. (LOL! That's right from the words of the new mom.)

After spending 41 days in the hospital I think they both have a lot to be proud of, and now they have a lot to prepare for (nothing they can't handle!).

Lucas weighed in at 2lbs. 10oz. and has a head of dark brown hair (like dad!) and big feet (Trevor says,'you know what they say about big feet...'). New mom also told me that he cried his little head off when he was born...awwwww! He's little now, but you know that good things come in small packages!

10 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Jacob!? Did it change?!?

Kerry said...

For shame on me...BIG TIME! My brain is not functioning. It's Lucas. Holy man, I will learn the hard way then, LOL!!!!

Kerry said...

*shame* *bright red*

lol!

Kerry said...

I think I've FINALLY got it right now. *fingers crossed* Although I don't know the spelling but I don't think Dana would go all crazy with that and spell it 'Loucas', 'Loukas' or 'Lukas' LOL.

Trevor is asking if I'm going to remember his name too. In fact, he came over, shook my hand and said 'my name's Trevor'. Smarty pants.

Mrs. Merriman said...

LOL!!! OMG.. you are hilarious. Even made that adorable graphic!

Right on Trevor.. that made me snort.

Kerry said...

Worst. Aunt. Ever.

And I've only been on the job for less than a day. lol!

cathy said...

Welcome to the world little sweetie! Congrats Aunty Kerry!

I am so happy all are doing well! How is your sis doing?

Mrs. Merriman said...

Geez Kerry. You preggers?!?

cathy said...

PS I love the little graphics! So sweet!

Kerry said...

That's a negatory on the preggers! Maybe I have reno-brain? Is that possible?

I like the graphics too Cathy! :)