*The photo above represents my Tupperware purchase! (Okay, maybe only a fraction of that...)This past weekend I went to my first ever Tupperware party. For me, the domestically challenged, I realized even more how much I am in need of organizing things around the house (and if it means organizing things in containers that make a *pthhht!* noise, well then so be it). My pantry is out of control. ( I think it may be genetic though, LOL.) The party came at a good time as the pantry area in the basement is ready for shelves to be put up (this week's project). I'll take some picture once that's all done (and yes, eventually there will be pictures of the rest of the basement!).
Other than that, we spent the weekend taking down all the Christmas decorations and finding a new storage solution for our tree. The cardboard box it came in was not cutting it anymore. So we hit up the Canadian Tire and got some flexible laundry baskets (BIG), and have the tree bits in it now. It's not perfect, but at least it's a bit more compact and the ratty cardboard box is gone. We also did a big cardboard run into Langley yesterday (2nd this year!) and ditched more office moving boxes. Things are starting to look a little more civil in here now.
The worst part of clearing things away is that I now see things that I can't stand, such as the entryway linoleum. Yuck, it's days are done. But that's just another project for when the giant list of projects is a little smaller. *Sigh* Let's just call the whole house a work in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment