Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who knew you could do so much with this?


I learned this at step class this morning. Our instructor brought out the ball and proceeded to contort and roll all over it. We did all sorts of sit-ups, twisty things, roll-y things and squeeze-y things on it. At one point I had to try not to laugh as we all rolled up on the ball at the same time and made this big farty noise that echoed through the room (I've been hanging out with Trevor too much, lol). It was fun, and a nice way to get out of the house (I've been working in the 'compound' here all week).

The rest of the week has been filled with work (getting ideas for a new logo project that's due for the first presentation TOMORROW, no pressure), cleaning the house and doing overall domestic things. I made an awesome chicken dinner on Tuesday (roasted chicken...on a Tuesday you say? Why yes!) and was very happy with the way it turned out. I tried a Jamie Oliver technique of salt and pepper-ing the chicken in a bag the morning before it was roasted and then added the garlic, butter and lemon before it was put in the oven. MMM-mmmm. It was so juicy that I literally had to POUR it out before it was carved up. And then I made chicken stock out of the rest of it yesterday (it was a pricey organic chicken, so I'm using all of it up!). Über domestic, that is moi.

And for the weekend, we're partying it up with Mike and Cynthia. Mike is having a man time with Trevor playing video games on the big tv and Cynthia and I are going to TARGET!!! Woop woop! I love going there. I think I could go there every weekend, in fact. So we'll see what we score there.

I think I might try and tackle some closet organizing as well. I tried to do that last week and failed. (Okay, if you don't really try, can you really fail?) So we'll see what comes out of all of that. :)

No comments: