(I have a headache, going both barrels of medical - Advil, and theraputic - the oil, bare with me, the tingling coolness is good!) Class was good today, it was pretty packed in which makes me happy that I arrive there with about 20 minutes to spare to grab my nice cozy spot in the back corner. I've done classes up front and it's no biggie, but I really like the wall space to dump my stuff, and there's no 'flailers' beside me then.
Today was a different day at class though...the rarely spotted MAN in the class was there. It was like seeing an extinct animal walk in, I had to double check that it wasn't just a manly-woman coming through the door. But no, it really was A MAN. I knew he hadn't been to this class before because he didn't now how to look at the instructor's stash to see what items we would need that day. So he dragged out every item in the storage room he thought he would need (which was kind of cute to watch), when all he needed was a mat and some weights.
There were some newbies that didn't fess up about it (the instructor asks if she sees new people). I don't understand why people pretend; I'm the first on to put up my hand to say that I don't know a thing so HELP ME. Maybe they're scared the instructor will chew their heads off, but she's not like that (believe me, I've had one).
And I've also got a buddy there now too, which is nice! It's a girl around my age, so we complain together that we think we're going to die. LOL! It's always good to have a partner that feels the way you do. And someone you can make faces at in class like 'I-really-think-I'm-going-to-die-now'.
Other than that fine action, we (yes me AND Trevor!) are looking into some classes TOGETHER. Amazing, I know. Actually, I will give Trevor some props, he has tried some things with me (an aerobics class...that I still laugh about), so don't think that he never tries. He tries once, getting the second and third try on deck is much harder because he now knows what he's in for. Anywhoo, he's been told to reduce stress from work by getting some more physical activity, but because of his whole itchy-alergic-to-his-own-sweat deal (and no, I'm totally serious, it's an actual condition, even though it sounds like a really funny excuse), he only rides a bike (really fast and really far), he needs something else to do when he can't ride a bike.
Enter...water running! This way, there's no itchy-ness in the water, and it's something we can do together. ooooo togetherrrrr. LOL It starts April 1st, and I still have to sign us up for it. I wonder how interesting that will be...
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment