Monday, April 14, 2008

As seen on the weekend

The weekend was busy. Trevor took Friday away from work (I'll say 'away' because he worked, but at home) and we toured our LAST three high schools for their cafeteria signage updates/improvements. I can't quite put into words how happy we'll be once these schools are done, it's been an ongoing project for almost 3 years now, and we've already completed 8 schools (although it feels like more...). It's a lot of hands-on labour and custom pieces. Nothing is ever the same between schools and we've dealt with all sorts of layout curveballs, which constantly wears our brains down! But, it was nice to have my 'co-worker' back with me again and spend the day working like we used to.

On Saturday, I went commando on the garden (yes I was wearing undies, it was more my state of mind). I was up early and in the garden before 9am using my new cordless battery-run trimmer and getting the upper hand on some overgrown hedge cedars. I only had one battery charged (there was more enthusiasm, not so much planning) so it ran out halfway through the second giant cedar in the front yard. I also got to bust out my LAWNMOWER. Happy days it was. It runs like a little turbine (this nice 'whoooshing' noise) and cuts like a dream. Plus it's so easy to use.

Through all the gardening madness I saw our little frog friend perched on the side of the fence (glad the fence is painted black or it might have been mowed up frog). I took a picture of him (or her):And where was Trevor during all of this? He was in the basement working on the bathroom, prepping for tiling. He came out at one point and made a good point, 'Strange how we spent all of last summer cooped up in the basement, and on the first really sunny day of spring and I'm back in the basement.' True, true. But it's for a good cause right? I can't really say anything about that because I was outside soaking up some of the nice 23C weather that we had (which was only one day *boo*).

But here's some of his fabulous handiwork in the bathroom:I officially love subway tile. Trevor, not so much. I think I heard him mumble something about 'bigger tiles' for our next bathroom. lol

1 comment:

cathy said...

That tub looks great!! Wow! Super job!!!!!! I guess the mega drive was worth it eh!!