Monday, April 21, 2008

Sickie and a weekend

Trevor was pulling a sickie all weekend long here (started on Friday, went to full-blown cold by Saturday). It was like living with Barry White as his voice gets all deep and croaky. He didn't sing anything though. lol

Friday night we lay low and had delivery pizza therapy. I also mowed the lawn for the second time with the new mower (love it!!!) and did a little edging with the weed-eater (which I thought was a questionable birthday present, but have now changed that stance as it's AWESOME and makes my life easier).

We did manage to get out and about on Saturday to Ikea (I bought those tall pots in WHITE), Home Depot (a few pots that were on sale -- I need to make room for my sweet pea seedlings), Cactus Club (hello key lime pie), some random furniture stores (we want to sell our two loveseats and get two chairs for the Trevorplex downstairs).

Sunday was a bit more productive around the house. I taped and painted the crown moulding in my office/hallway area, and painted some doors (first coat at least). (I also got crafty with something I bought off eBay, but I'll do a separate post on that later!)

And...we also had the first bbq'd meal of the season! We went to our favorite butcher in town and got two of the most delicious looking sirloin steaks, did a dry rub on them and voila...sooooo good. Best. Steaks. Ever. lol

You would think that by reading all of this that I dragged sick Trevor out against his will...but strangely enough he was a willing participant. I guess that might explain the naps that were taken...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mrs. Merriman said...

Wow. You got a hug LOL!