Monday, June 9, 2008

Banished

This weekend was filled with reno's around the house (what else is new?). Trevor worked on the basement bathroom, which meant that the master bathroom had to be pillaged for it's vanity (and toilet, eventually). This is what the master looks like now (I think it's an improvement):
The vanity from there has been moved to the basement (no pictures of that yet), and a countertop has been fitted (yay Trevor! -- he was nervous about that).

Since I'm not a whiz with power tools (wait, I am a mean cut-off saw-er...) I leave most of that burden to Trevor (although I doubt he thinks it's a burden, I'm sure he's relieved that I'm not a keener with the power tools), I took on the painting and priming. Initially it was just supposed to be painting of doors and moulding (almost done in the basement, moving on to other floors) but I picked up some Kilz at the Home Depot and got caught up in removing the almost 11 year old burgundy colour in the living room (not my choice by the way, that was Trevor BK -- 'before Kerry').

Let me tell you how FANTASTIC it is to paint white over that colour. AHHHHHHHHHhhhh. Satisfaction. I started with trimming the edges and corners, and this morning went super-painter on it and rolled the primer on it before hopping down into the office for the day.

Here are the before and after shots (cue dramatic music):
Living room before......Living room after

Stairs/front door area before......Stairs/front door area after

3 comments:

cathy said...

Wow! Big improvement!! Who did the hash marks on the pillar?!

Kerry said...

Ehm, the faux-lattice work would be courtesy of me, lol! I wanted to go more crazy with that, but there were more walls to do.

cathy said...

Too funny! So 1980's LOL