Thursday, June 26, 2008

Insane in the membrane

Things with work have gone bonkers (again). I think it's something to do with the moon, or maybe the crunch to end the school year. I really don't know, but people have bees in their bonnets, whereas in previous years, I would be preparing for the inevitable summer lull in work. This summer, I'm having to book things 2-4 months in advance! What is going on here!?!?

I've thought a bit about some things to do this summer (seeing as July 1st is coming soon and I figure it's a good way to jump-start things):

- Reno's (of course...they never end. We need to paint the new backyard gate, complete the basement and have it inspected, continue on with painting the inside of the house, paint the trim on the outside of the house, wash the vinyl siding/windows, replace the porch carpet, pressure wash, finish the master bathroom, start on the kitchen/family room reno's...the list never ends!)

- I'd like to read a book (start to finish). I imagine it in a loung-y summer-y way in a hammock with lemonade and a warm breeze; I think the reality will be quite different.

- We're also thinking of taking a mini-trip (maybe just overnight somewhere) to celebrate the completion of a work project that's been ongoing for the past two and a half years and finally coming to an end! Maybe Seattle? Portland? We like both cities, I think Portland might win out because of the awesome hotel we've stayed in, cool bookstore and no sales tax! :)

- I'd also like to do other things involving parks, picnics, BBQs and popsicles.

No comments: