Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chairgate

My office chair arrived last Friday, on the porch in two boxes, after waiting almost two months for it. At the time, I didn't look closely enough and assumed that it was a box '1 of 2' and '2 of 2' situation. Upon closer inspection (and seeing that UPS has now changed me to a MAN -- 'Kenny' instead of 'Kerry') there were two chairs. At first I thought, 'bonus!' -- as compensation for all my waiting they have rewarded me with two! But I became more skeptical because you don't always get something for nothing, right?

So Trevor assembled up one chair and we left the other in the box sitting in the living room. I figured that UPS would eventually figure it out... Instead, I get a call from a random woman this morning talking about a delivery that might have accidentally come to our house. I called her back and left a message to be a little more detailed about what she was looking for as we have deliveries that come and go from here fairly regularly. Well, I can't say that I was surprised when she said it was a chair and managed to describe it (although her idea of the chair weighing 40-50 lbs is a tad inflated I think, the box really weighs 19 lbs).

I'm hoping there's going to be a happy ending to all of this because she's 'pissed!' (her own words). UPS has made no effort to contact me (how she got my address and phone number is a mystery) and they are supposed to come and pick it up sometime today and deliver it to one seriously steamed woman. Good thing I never unwrapped it! (Not that we have room to put it anywhere...)

No comments: