I figure there should be a post on what's been happening around the house with the reno 'situation' as of late. Well, it's all going swimmingly so far; we're almost at the end of the basement (touchups, caulking, painting, some laundry room assembly to do) and now we're striding ahead to the main floor again.
In the last while I've painted the living room, dining room, entrance area, loft and stairwells (they all share the same colour as there's no doors to break them up). Just this week I've moved on to the kitchen and family room -- and that's close to being done as well, although the kitchen area is a bit more challenging with all of the things I have to move. Trevor's been spending the week installing pot lights in the kitchen (good bye ugly puffy ceiling light!!!) and figuring things out with his media center (I say 'his' because I haven't been given the tutorial on how to use it yet).
We had Home Depot come out and measure the countertop in the kitchen and they came back with a rotten price for doing it, so we're investigating other options and going to consider a solid surface option that might be economical (really I'm saying 'economical' with a cringe because I have no idea what that means anymore). We have also picked out a new hardwood floor for the kitchen/family room which is now sitting in our living room adjusting to the temperature of the house (yes, you have to do that).
And in the midst of all of this I have a full day photo shoot in Stanley Park to direct tomorrow (nice early start there *yawn*) and then I plan on taking most of Friday off to wipe off the doorstep for my sister and her hub who are coming to stay with us for the weekend (yay!).
So if the posts are spotty for the next few days, you'll know why!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment