The weekend started off with picking a load of ripe tomatoes from the back yard and delivering them to a neighbour-friend on our street (she shares my bitterness for certain neighbours...LOL!). One plant has decided to make yellow tomatoes, while all the others are red. Makes for a nice photo!We did more of the mega-house-reno's as well, and we were determined to get the kitchen/family room back up and functioning again so we can feel that one of the most-used parts of the house is NORMAL. We sanded and painted crown moulding (blegh...I really can't stand that job) and painted more of the kitchen cupboards. By Sunday evening we were able to load furniture in and clean the kitchen...I said to Trevor that I almost felt 'zen-like' at that point, lol. It was so nice to have a room almost done (I say 'almost' because we still have to replace the countertop in the kitchen and put in a tile backsplash, but that feels like little things at this point).
And at the end of the weekend we both realized that we only have two more weekends to go until we leave on our trip. That was scary...and makes it seem like these next two weeks will disappear like *that*. We still have to reserve car rentals for Toronto and Belfast and look at shore excursions in the Med. And then pack...I have a goal of getting the suitcases out this week and plopping them in the spare bedroom to gradually pack them (and avoid mass panic and forgetting things).
No comments:
Post a Comment