(More free wifi is to be found!) We're sitting in Pearson Int'l airport with a couple of hours to kill. Our visit with my Grandad and Vera was fun -- lots of good home cooking, good conversations and entertainment. (Plus all of the leaves were changing colour outside so it was beautiful to look at.)I think we're going to forage for some goodies to take on the plane (something learned from the last flight -- no snacks or meals, just a drink or two...we were starved when we got off). This time I think we'll be better prepared.
Our plane is pictured above (I'm sure you've figured that out by now). I'm watching people still unload from it -- there's no way I'd be last off! Once that plane is on the ground I can't wait to get out!
Security was interesting, my laptop was pulled aside for a random (? = maybe I looked suspicious!) explosives check where they wipe it down with a cloth and then put it in a machine that scans it for something. Anywhoo, no problems there.
We noticed two Sri Lankan people leaving and saying goodbye to their relatives, and interestingly they bent down to touch their feet (of each of them) before they went through security. We were completely intrigued by this (as was the security person). I will have to google that and see what it means -- we've guessed that it's something to do with good luck. (If so I will pat my feet too!)
We're both armed with electronics galore (iPod, Ninendo DS's, laptops, etc etc...), and our comfy pants, so hopefully we'll get some sleep and have no lack of entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment