Initially I went in and helped out a bit with some (attempted) redecorating in the centre and just chatting with the people who run it day to day. Around mid-May I was contacted by someone who had passed my name on to the higher-ups in the community centre (they knew I was a graphic designer) and asked me to be involved in a summer activities calendar to be distributed to the schools here.
The calendar was designed and done by the end of June and was received quite well (and I liked working on it because it was a fun change to do bright and colourful designs for kids!). After that, I didn't hear anything back (and didn't expect to), until yesterday.
I had one of the women who was involved in the project call me up out of the blue to tell me that this calendar has been the topic of a few discussions with some key people in the community -- and that she'd like to ask if I would like to be involved with producing the calendar for the next THREE years. (I said yes, of course!)
So I just thought it would be interesting to show how something that started out as a small deposit to our karma bank ended up being something much bigger!
1 comment:
Woo woo! Snaps for Kerry!
Post a Comment