Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Recipe: Cheese-fake

Here's another recipe from the freebie Kraft magazine:

Fluffy 2-Step Cheesecake Minis

Prep: 10 min
Ready In: 3 hr 10 min
Serves: 12

12 NILLA Vanilla Wafers
1 pkg. (250 g) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted

PLACE 1 wafer on bottom of each of 12 paper-lined muffin cups; set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add whipped topping; mix well. Spoon evenly into muffin cups.

COVER; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with coconut just before serving. Store leftover cheesecakes in refrigerator.

And my version...
Graham cracker crust (1 1/3 cup of cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp. sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter)
1 pkg. (250 g) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Things I did wrong:
With the cracker crust I read the recipe wrong and did the 1 1/3 cup of cracker crumbs and 1 CUP OF SUGAR. Not sure how that's going to work out. I was wondering why the crust wasn't pressing into the little pan very well and why I had to keep on adding butter.

The 'I-don't-know-how-this-is-going-to-work-out' crust:
As a side note, my Kitchenaid mixer is my favorite kitchen appliance.
The questionable 'Cheese-fake':
Make again meter:
Unknown at this point.

4 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

mmm... Mike's mom makes these in little cupcake liners, and tops it with that canned cherry dessert :) For even easier, use a nilla wafer for a base!

Kerry said...

I don't do things the easy way. LOL

Mrs. Merriman said...

Of course not!

Kerry said...

Okay, update on the crust: IT TOTALLY SUCKED.

Blegh, and the topping didn't stick to it...which worked out better I think, you weren't forced to eat the crust then.