Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Be afraid, be very afraid

Last night was the first weeknight push to get the crap out of the basement. Not sure if it really went well or not. I feel like all I've managed to accomplish is adding junk to more and more rooms in the house. I've started to clear out the spare bedroom to put things in it that we want to keep; the loft room will be for all of the boxes from the office that need to be moved in; and the downstairs living room will be the designated garage sale room (but is it big enough???). Scary. My house has been turned into a Public Storage warehouse.

At the office I managed to pack 5 boxes yesterday and set them close to the door so I just grab one as I leave at the end of the day and bring back to the house. Hopefully that will make a smaller job of it (spreading the pain out over multiple weeks).

4 comments:

cathy said...

It is all going to be OK. Things have to get worse, before they can get better!

Sounds like you are on task, and you have a good plan!

Mrs. Merriman said...

Exactly! Take it from me — things get worse before they get better. And then, they are the BEST!

Stay focused and you can do it! Ra Ra Ra Kerry!

Kerry said...

Thanks for the rah-rah's you guys! I will try and stay calm, cool and collected through all of this. (But I may need a margarita girls night somewhere in there...LOL!)

cathy said...

Make mine a virgin and I am there!