On Friday night (after a FAB day of girl time and shopping and etc, etc, etc, with Cynthia) we went to Home Depot and picked up a few things (put off doing grocery shopping until Saturday morning). They had their jumbo pack of annuals on sale -- HALF PRICE! So I, of course, had to pick up a few petunias and other things. The rest of Friday evening was really nice, so I stayed out in the yard planting and weeding until it got dark. Good thing too, Saturday and Sunday were pretty miserable.
Saturday morning we headed out for groceries for the moveable feast that we were preparing for Father's Day (a tradition with Trevor's family -- he/we cook for Father's Day, his sister cooks for Mother's Day). The dinner was at the in-law's this year because his mom just got a puppy, and it needs to have it's routine (not to mention, not destroying my house/garden). We made some burgers, salad, corn on the cob, yam fries (which were hard to cook, took forever) and some easy parfaits from a Kraft recipe. I think we felt like caterers.
Sunday was pretty calm, we took a drive out to Chilliwack to see what the housing options are like out there. Well...not much. Boo to Chilliwack. I will not be living there anytime soon. We came back home after our drive and Trevor cleaned the carpet in the family room (YAY! We bought the lean mean carpet cleaning machine!). And WOW, does that thing ever work. It was pretty disgusting, grey/brown water and carpet that's now a different shade. I've also started to clean out the small pantry and implement the new Ikea storage container* system (note to self: need more, way more).
*Small note: Don't be retarded like me and put the container lids in the dishwasher with a bowl that has a small bit of leftover salsa in it. I now have orange lids. *sniff*
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment