Friday, July 27, 2007

Home Depot Disenchantment

You know when you get the to the point of exhaustion with something? You feel worn out, tired, fed up...and then you start to see things differently?

Well it happened to me. In the electrical aisle of at Home Depot. I was not alone...These little outlets started to look like faces, and while Trevor was humming and haa-ing over breakers and whatnot.

But on another subject, not related to electrical products, I HATE STUDS. It is official. I don't want to buy any more, move any more, touch any more or cut any more. And I especially don't want to measure any more. I met and exceeded my limit of tolerance with these things last night. No. More. Studs.

We had to buy 24 (well, Trevor picked up 28) more and do a double trip from Home Depot last night because the car couldn't take all the electrical stuff and the studs at once (well, I disagreed with that, pack more in! one trip! one trip!). Then we worked until close to 10:30pm cutting and nailing the extra studs in. Good news is that we're finally very, VERY close to finishing framing. And we also were approved for our permit this week, so the inspections can start next week on the framing.

I can't wait until we get to the point where the flooring can go down and the paint can be put up. Soon! Soooooooon!

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

sooooo funny. Great pics of the wee faces. "OOooh! Aaah!" Although some of them look like they are in pain.

cathy said...

I love finding faces in objects and articles and items! So much fun!

Those are awesome!!

Kerry said...

I thought you'd appreciate that one Cathy! ;)