Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Is it Monday? No...

I've had the feeling like it's been Monday for most of the day so far. Kind of dragging a bit to get going this morning, but I went to the store to pick up a few groceries before lunch and I feel a little more human now. (Not to mention, how can you NOT be perked up by seeing all those lovelyyyy children with backpacks and walking to and from school! ahahahah! I love it!)

It felt very strange to not be working in the basement over the weekend. There were a few times that Trevor started to look twitchy, like 'give me something to do!' and we went out instead. We hit Ikea on Saturday morning instead of Friday night (combination of bad traffic and a headache; this does not equal quality Ikea time). That was a bad idea, everyone and their college students were there trolling the aisles and picking up supplies (and cutting in check-out line ups), and Trevor was twitchy there too, but in more of a 'get me out of here' sort of way. We did, however, hit the Cactus Club for lunch and I partook in a most delish bellini*, what more could you ask for before noon on a Saturday? I also had key lime pie there for the first time EVER (I know, I know) and it was to DIE for! Saturday evening was spent with friends, and having dinner at Kobe's downtown then on to a show at Yuk Yuk's (where one of the bitter chicks went a bit loco at some guy in the audience).

* The last time I partook in a Cactus Club bellini around noon I was feeling quite 'good' and insisted to Trevor that we needed to wash the car. 15 quarters, a drive in do-it-yourself car wash and one sweaty husband later (my job was pumping quarters in and telling him to scrub faster, the time was going to run out), we still had a crappy half-washed car.

Sunday was a bit of a blur (maybe from the late night?). We had a bbq over at the in-law's. Monday was a nice slow day. We wanted to wander around Fort Langley, but a bunch of shops we wanted to wander into were closed (including that really cool toy store) so we decided on the fly to drive up to West Van and wander around the Whole Foods there. That whole store is just deluxe and never fails to impress us, Langley could sure use something like that. (Oh and I did see their crazy muffins in the bakery but wasn't able to FedEx them over -- sorry Dana, Mom!). We bought some chicken sausages (apple and herb, lemon thyme) and I'm roasting them up tonight with some nice potatoes, yams, onions and carrots. mmmmmm! Fall dinner anyone?

Oh, and I'm officially addicted to that 'Sarah's House' show. Damn her and her money and good ideas! (And the nicest laundry room I've ever seen...grrr.) Perhaps when I watch the new season of Top Chef tonight I'll forget allll about it.

2 comments:

cathy said...

You won't forget ANYTHING to do with Sarah Richardson! Her designs are so awesome!!

And, good for you both for getting out! Sounds like fun. I went to Kobe, ummmm. When I was pregnant with Claire (and I was sooooo sick with morning sickness) so that was about 6 years plus ago. LOVE that place. Yummy dips.

Oh, and I was dreaming about you lol. I have crazy preggo dreams. Really whacked. But I came into your home, and you had a big, huge life size piece of paper with all of these cool "ideas" by your fridge, and I flipped through your sketch book and you were awesome lol!

Just thought I would share!

Kerry said...

LOL!! That made me laugh! I wouldn't be surprised to find a huge piece of paper like that in here right now...although the cool ideas might be lacking! All I have is my computer on the kitchen table, surrounded by a broken bar-sized fridge from the other office, a 'recessed light housing 6-pack' which gets in the way of my mouse, 'Great Stuff' window and door insulating sealant, some cookbooks and other junk. Wait...maybe this is the hub for my inner awesomeness that you are predicting!!! Hmmm...must look into this.

(I also enjoy watching Design Inc. at 1pm every day. A little lunchtime 'extension'. lol)