Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That was so three days ago...

Here's the cake that actually TURNED out. Despite a few strange icing recipes (is it supposed to be the consistency of oatmeal?) I finally found one that worked and worked well. And it did taste as good as it looked (raspberry and white chocolate...mmmmm).

We had a semi-slow weekend, birthday dinner on Saturday (we made the BEST rotisserie chickens on the bbq, must note to do that again), and I went out to Metrotown with Cynthia on Sunday. I think Trevor and I are both still trying to get out of the routine of seeing each other for 24 hours everyday like we used to. It can be very strange because we were with each other like that for two and a half years -- and we didn't rip each other's heads off, it worked quite well. When the weekends come around now we both just have the feeling of wanting to bunk down and just have time to ourselves, which I think we'll do this weekend.

Even though we don't see each other all the time now, we still manage to share each others GERMS. Trevor had a cold last week, and I managed to catch it just in time for an important presentation with a new client today. I made sure to drug up, but still found myself feeling woozy and tired on the drive downtown (wait, maybe that just happens normally). Things went really well in the meeting (exact words to Trevor on the drive home: 'I killed!!!'), despite feeling -- and probably looking -- all hot, sweaty and clammy. No, no, no, not nerves, LOL. I think I hate that upper lip sweat you get the most when you're sick.

My mountain of kleenexes are calling...

2 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Looks SOOOOOO yummy. Way to go!!! You can make a cake for me anytime :D

Glad you "killed" at your meeting LOL!

cathy said...

Mmmmmm...great job!