I'm making another attempt to make a cake. Those who know will recall the memorable other attempts: 'The Slider', 'The Melter' and the 'Brain Cake'. LOL The last cake I made was a Barefoot Contessa chocolate cake that turned out really well and reaffirmed my faith in cake baking/assembly.
The one I'm baking today is a white chocolate and raspberry cake. (It's the F.I.L.'s birthday dinner at our house tomorrow evening and I REFUSE to eat another crappy lardy cake from Costco. BLEGH. So it's really more for me. ahahaha.) So far so good. I've had to make a few substitutions -- well one -- I forgot to get buttermilk at the store so I figure some sour cream and a little touch of milk should do the trick. Oh, and I also didn't read the part about THREE cake pans and I've only done two, might have to increase the baking time there.
But for some reason it's smelling like bread baking right now. I should go and check that I haven't put the bread I bought too close to the oven... Pictures to come!!!
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
THAT is why you haven't been online :D Can't wait to see pictures (and perhaps a wee tasting on Sunday!?)
Post a Comment