Friday, November 23, 2007

Good news, Trevor's passport is here!

I was beginning to wonder if I was going to go on our trip by myself (oh I wouldn't leave you behind Trevor! Wait....maybe....LOL. Kidding! Kidding!). It's 11 days until we leave and we were waiting and waiting, because it was supposed to be mailed out last Thursday but we hadn't seen anything yet. I think they still might pull him aside at the border due to his psycho killer (insert theme song here!) photo. Me, well who would pull me aside? Innocent-looking, charming, intelligent, witty...LOL.

Actually, I was pulled aside in Las Vegas last year for not having my passport name match the name on my ticket. (In fact, the ticket checker at the desk was wondering if I'd be allowed on the plane at all!) The last name was my maiden name in my passport and my married one on the ticket, so of course that pulls out all the red flags because I must be wearing shoes that are bombs. Trevor got dragged into the 'extra special' screening line (he's an accomplice, you see), which is behind glass and segregated off from everyone else and you go through the metal detection machines, then one that hits you with a big poof of air all over, then has vacuums that suck any evidence of bomb materials off you. And then they give you a good, healthy frisking. No rubber gloves, though. Oh, and clothes stay on (they better, you're in front of all those people in line, and those dirty pervs pressed to the glass, LOL!). One bonus is that we got through the security line up faster than those other non-threatening suckers in the regular lines!

I'll also mention that this never happened in Vancouver, security was more than happy to let me through with mismatched last names. Although, the screener did manage to smack me on the back of the head with the black wand. That must mean I'm extra safe now!

1 comment:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Yay for passports! One less thing to worry about, eh?! Now for all the other million things to take care of...