I figure it's about time that I do another update on the basement reno. We're slowly moving forward on things (we've burned out a bit since the summer), we had some doors delivered at the end of October and those are now in, so we have separate rooms!!! Closet doors still need to be installed, but Trevor is working hard on getting the floor and crown moulding nailed up. I'm starting on caulking and filling duty this week and managed to finish most of the trim painting on the walls that somehow got missed. I think I've got one area in the stairs that need one more coat.
The leaky toilet in the ensuite was also fixed this weekend, which is nice (and our family room ceiling got away with only a little bit of damage). The mantle...well that's another story. I don't think that's going to be fixed for a while now because we REALLY need to get this basement done so we can put up Christmas decorations and leave on our vacation (in a month!!!) and have a house. A real, put-together organized house that we don't have to walk through hallways of crap (we call them paths, and beware when you go off of one!). It's a lot of work, but I think we can do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I bet it will be a huge shock to finally have a house with no clutter. Do you have date in mind when you hope to finish all the reno's or is it a wait and see sort of thing?
ya do you have date in mind, hehe
me caveman
oooo and for more check out my blog
jonmilne.blogspot.com
ahahahahahahaha
free advert, in your face kerry
The date is November 30th. I hope. And it won't be a huge shock to not have a bomb shelter house, it will be a relief!
I should charge you for advertising Jon. Hmmmm...one beeeeeellion dollars!
And then we can come over with Ben!! Can't wait to see the basement finito!
Post a Comment