Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time is flying!

I can't believe there's only four more weekends until we fly/sail away! We're leaving December 4th to stay overnight in Seattle so we can catch a flight out from Seatac the next morning. I tried to find flights that left from Vancouver, but flying out of Seattle is way cheaper (I saved $1200 doing a roundtrip from Seattle to Orlando!). We'll have three days in Disneyworld (not doing Universal again...crappy park) and then on the Sunday we'll be driving down to Miami (booooring drive!) to jump on the ship! I'm looking forward to the break, but I'm really excited about seeing Jamaica and Grand Cayman, I hear the snorkelling there is really good.

This will be our third cruise leaving out of Miami, and I get just as excited about it as the first time. There's nothing like arriving at the port and looking up at this HUGE ship that will be your home for the next 7 days. The fact that this is a really new ship (and one of the biggest in the fleet) that we haven't been on before is so much fun as well -- and they have such cool features on it: a Flowrider (surfing!), cantilevered whirlpools, ice skating rink (!), mini golf (! x 2!), boxing ring (hmmm, not sure what to do with that one...), and a Johnny Rockets!

We have our travel agent stopping by the house this evening to drop off the tickets for us, a sure sign that it's time to leave soon!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Ahhhh, can you squeeze me into your suitcase....probably not! I just get all toasty warm when I think of where you are going...lucky duck :)