And after that, I had my birthday on Friday (and turned 29). I will have to whoop it up this year for sure. Trevor came home early (nice surprise, bonus points there!) and we saw 'Be Kind Rewind' which was just so-so. Then went out to Cactus Club for a late dinner (always good there). We shared a piece of key lime pie there for dessert, mmmmm.
On Saturday we went to Main Street to look for a cheap antique (or just different looking) dresser to turn into a bathroom vanity. Just in case anyone's wondering, that doesn't exist. And you run into a lot of, ehm, colourful people and musty smells. So it was a no-go there. We then went to Metrotown because Trevor specifically wanted sushi on a conveyor belt. We did that and ended up accidentally stiffing them on the bill (I thought I had put $5 in, when I counted wrong). The guy at the counter gave us a dirty look and we figured it out while we were walking away. Oh well, one place we can't go back to for a while then. LOL We hit a bathroom lighting place on our way to Mike and Cynthia's for dinner, and hit up a London Drugs for some hair gel (Trevor). Dinner at the M household was fab. Always a tasty treat there. And some donuts from Duffin's afterwards (specifically an ANGEL donut). Very tasty. And my favorite part: a good game of UNO (which I didn't win ONCE, but meant no shuffling for me!) and rigging Mike's cards so that they were all yellow...ahhh still makes me laugh!!!
Sunday was a home day, we washed the car (took many hours, dirty dirty!) and then went for dinner with Trevor's family out in Abbotsford. I ended up getting one of these for a birthday present from all of them:

Practical. But too practical? I suppose I won't be shooting myself in the eye with bits of bark and grass anymore (pro) and won't have a chance of snipping the cord (since it's cordless) and zapping myself (also a pro). Now if only we lived on a half acre lot instead of the postage stamp sized one we're on now...
And today, well now I'm sick with a cold. It's not horrible yet, but I was supposed to go out for lunch and now it's not going to happen. But at least it's sunny out for another day, maybe I'll go air out my schnozz later.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you are sick! I wish you a belated happy birthday!
Post a Comment