I figure it makes sense to tackle the outside jobs here while the weather is nice and not scorching hot. Painting inside a 'schweaty' house is never fun, nor a good idea (paint that dries way too fast).
We've also been pondering a dining room table (our house lacks one after ridding it of a horrific wicker and fabric hand-me-down) and our choices are now:
From Pier 1:

From Crate + Barrel (with customs charges...worth it? I don't know.):

I'm leaning towards the Pier 1 choice, it's got a darker stain and a nice wood grain on the table top, and it has an extra leaf that can extend it out for 6 people to sit at. We would keep it as a square though, as our dining area is teenie. (Trevor's vote might go towards this one as well, because the square shape 'defines his eating space'...LOL!)
Now to find chairs...
2 comments:
I love them both for very different reasons.
The square is nice, but if the room is square is rather boring...but with the round it just looks so much more interesting (and you can 'squeeze' a couple of extras around it if you need too.
But yes, the square there is definately a defined space. I can see Trevor's point LOL.
Which ever you choose, I am sure you will make it work because you rock your designs!!
Have fun choosing!
Good ideas! I think the square is going to win out though...the round one is a bit on the small side. (And I hate when you can't tuck all the chairs fully under!!!)
Plus I'm thinking that this will be our 'new' kitchen table when we eventually move...and then I can get the jumbo dining room table that seats more than just 4-6. Oh ideas...
Post a Comment