Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Honourary Stone Cutter Member!

We were back at it last night in the back yard. Officially, both pallets have been emptied now and we look like we're making progress, at last! We've got a hammer and a chisel and Trevor was the one who was chipping and sculpting all of the bricks...well, until he started to get fed up. Maybe it's a man thing. It goes like this:

Man takes brick.
Tap. Tap tap tap. TAP. WHACK. Ping! SMASH SMASH SMASH (insert expletive here). Manly grunt of frustration.
Enter woman with question of letting her have a go.
Man does not acknowledge woman is speaking. Man takes another brick and continues:
Tap. Tap tap tap. TAP. WHACK. Ping! SMASH SMASH SMASH (insert expletive here). Manly grunt of defeat.
Enter woman again repeating question, asking man if he heard question the first time.
Man admits defeat, allows woman to try.
Woman does the job. Success!
Woman is now the man!

And so on.
So we managed to get a bit more done last night. Tonight we're headed to Home Depot (because you can't just have 1 or 2 trips there when you're working on a project...it's always at least 5). We're going to get a post and some concrete and get started on the gate that we so badly need. Shut out the losers that eye up our yard/bricks/good stuff.

[Oh, and as a side to yesterday's post, Trevor read it and asked, 'Did you really want to throw poo at me?'. Hahahah! You betcha!]

4 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Can't WAIT to see the final product! Makes it a lot easier for baby showers, too! NO I am not pregnant.

cathy said...

You could be C...I hope I get an invite to the baby shower OK!!

xo

Cannot wait to see the final result either!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I offically lost my password so here I am again....take two.

Your blog always makes me laugh. Eeeek, I just touched my wet nailpolish against the "t" key.

Funny story Kerry. I can actually visualize the weekend at your place. Did you get my email last week?

Kerry said...

I got the one about the air conditioner and the capri pants, and the Hillside mall food court. So I think that's the one!